Saturday 21 February 2009

Cheetah Girls - Friends Forever

Recently, Maddie decided to start a club. She had a lot of ideas - cheerleading, High School Musical, cooking, drama, dancing, and Cheetah Girls. After weeks of careful consideration, Maddie has decided to start a Cheetah Girls Club. She wanted me to be sure to tell you that she was introduced to the Cheetah Girls by her cousins, Cicely and Hailey. Since she made her decision, she has spent a lot of time writing Cheetah Girls songs for her club. She does her best work at night after she's been tucked into bed. She'll lie there for hours, working on the lyrics and singing loudly. When she's perfected the lyrics, she dictates them to her Mom who writes them down on carefully selected pieces of paper. Here are the lyrics for her first hit:

Lita nita cheetah friends.
Cheetahs are friends.
Cheetah everything is yours for good.
Cheetah dancing is for them as well.
Cheetahs stay together forever and ever and ever.
Cheetahs are really good together.
Cheetahs do everything together.
Cheetahs help each other.
Cheetahs never fail.
Cheetahs are dancers forever and ever and ever.
Cheetahs are good dancers.
Cheetahs are best friends forever and ever and ever.

Next, I'll try and have her make a music video.

And while we're talking about Maddie, I should tell you that we were on the corner of Exhibition Road and Cromwell Road on Friday where they were getting ready for London Fashion Week. Through a window, we could see them doing hair and makeup. She had lots of ideas about what kind of makeup the models should wear for the occasion. The best part - You should have seen her face as she watched them unload racks of clothing from large trucks. She was so interested in the styles and colors. What I would have given to take her inside to see a real fashion show!

4 comments:

lramey said...

oh! that's a girl afte mine own heart!!! I put on sooo many plays with my fellow clubees when I was little- composing most of the songs myself!!! I wish I could hear her sing it!!!!

Draper Elementary said...

I hope she will remember us little people when she is rich and famous!

Anonymous said...

So please let Maddie know that I would very much like to be a Cheetah girl. If I am too old, then let her know that I would love to be her manager, or the choreographer, or the make-up artist, or the fashion designer, or whatever she will let me be...I will be done with school at the end of the year...and maybe this will be the job for me!!! :)

Vanalee said...

Can I make the costumes???