Sunday 9 November 2008

Small Glimpse of a Little Baby


While Isabelle is taking her first steps, I'm wondering what happened to my baby. This week, I put her down for a nap, got her out of bed, moved her into the carseat, put her into the car, took her out of the car, collected Maddie from cooking class at school, put her back into the car, and brought her into the house. I was amazed that she slept through it all and slept another half hour after we got home. I miss those days when she could sleep through anything. It doesn't happen very often anymore. And when we got home and while she was sleeping, I saw a small glimpse of a little baby that I had months ago. I don't know if it was just the hat or the blankets snuggled around her face, but I loved seeing that little baby again. It didn't last long enough. Once she was awake and out of the carseat, she was chatting away and trying to walk across the room to Maddie.

As for walking, she takes about six or seven steps at a time before she falls down. For anyone who has been to our flat, she can make it from the far edge of the carpet to the sofa. She'll be running before Christmas!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love that sweet sleeping face.

Anonymous said...

She is darling...and that would be perfect if you could have her running before Christmas...I have been running 5-6 mile runs...so if you could train her for that, perfect, and then she can come with me! Just kidding! It was good to talk to you this week, have a great week! Love y'all tons!

Vanalee said...

Yay for running! You will still see glimpses of that sweet little baby face even when your baby is 33. You see it in the faces of their sweet babies. I hope I can keep up with Izzie when she gets here!

Ruth said...

so sweet and she is getting so big. miss y'all