Tuesday 18 November 2008

Home with the Girlies

The Sickie Bed on the Sofa


Yesterday, Maddie came home with a raspy voice and a little cough. During the night, she felt a little warm. When she got up this morning, she had a low grade fever so I decided she better stay home. She cried when I told her she couldn't go to school. She loves school! Within a couple of hours, the fever was gone. And now, she is feeling much better.


It was nice to have her home and to have an excuse to stay in all day. We were in our jammies way too long, watched Star Wars and HSM2 (both Maddie's choices), played games, and did puzzles. Maddie even did some self-assigned "homework" since she wasn't at school to do her "work".

Walking Wounded


While Maddie was home resting, Isabelle was adding another monster scratch/bruise to her face. Yesterday, she fell on the umbrella and got a scratch on her forehead. Today, she fell on the chair and added one to her cheek. I love that she is walking and is so proud of herself, but I don't like all the bumps and bruises that come with it. It's probably a good thing we stayed inside today so I didn't have to listen to my friends joke about me being a bad mum!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hear you on the scratches and bruises. We stay in our pajamas way too long many days here. I think that will change with Emily's nap schedule moving from morning to midday.