Friday 21 August 2009

Battle Wound


Lately, I feel like my posts are all about Isabelle's injuries. Poor Izzie. Today, I must add yet another one to the list. I'm hoping, praying really, that it will be the last one for a long time.

This morning, Isabelle fell and sliced open the top of her eyelid. I was able to page her pediatrician and meet him at his office before he did rounds at the hospital. Luckily, he was able to close the cut with some steri-strips and has little concerns about scarring. The real challenge is to keep Isabelle from touching them or getting them wet. We'll be going back to the doctor in a few days so he can look at it again.

On our way out, a young lady in the lift looked at Izzie and asked her which war she'd been fighting in. Good question. I hope the war ends soon.

1 comment:

lramey said...

poor lil soldier. i think Max had a solid goose egg the size of georgia on his brows for a good year after he learned to walk! OUCHIE!!! give her hugs from us!