Saturday 15 August 2009

And we thought we were just going to see Peter Pan...

Today, Kerryn and I took Maddie to see "Peter Pan" in Kensington Gardens. I wish I could tell you all about it, but I'd never do it justice. My favorite part was when Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy, John, and Michael fly over London on their way to Neverland. All I can say is that if you get the chance, go see it. It is an amazing production!

It was based on the book and not the Disney movie, so I learned something new. "The Lost Boys" were the ones who fell out of their prams in Kensington Gardens - the unfortunate boys whose nannies lost them in the park. When school starts, Maddie and I are going to check the book out at the library and read a chapter every night. I don't know who will enjoy it more - me or Maddie.

Here are a few pictures from our day out. The last picture was almost as exciting as the show!

Maddie and Mom


Maddie and Kerryn


Jack Black

During intermission, we headed to the bar to get drinks - just Diet Coke and apple juice. While we were standing in the queue, I saw a guy walk by with a young boy on his shoulders. I looked at Kerryn, Kerryn looked at me, and we both watched Jack Black head across the room. After we got our drinks and ice cream, we headed around back to see if we could spot him. Kerryn wins the prize for taking this photo of Jack. We found him chatting away on his mobile. Honestly, it was as if we were the only people there who recognized him. He went completely unnoticed until after the show. While he waited for his black, Mercedes people mover on Bayswater Road and the boy (His son? I don't know.) made a substantial amount of noise, Jack received a lot more attention.

So, now you know - Jack Black and Peter Pan are both in London.

6 comments:

lramey said...

that picture of you two is DARLING!! how fun!!! i'd love to go see that! and what the Jack Black!!! LUCKY!! I love that dude!

shannon said...

Ahhhh!!! How cool! What a day out in London! And major kudos to Kerryn for snapping such a great shot. Stories of celeb sightings are cool, but acutal proof is something else!

Ruth said...

it's so fun when they get big enough to do those kinds of things with you

Vanalee said...

Have you seen any other celebrities besides the super nanny and Jack Black? The only celebrities I saw "whilst" living in London were the Beckham's in the toy department in Harrod's. Jack Black and the super nanny are so much better! I hear Primrose Hill is a great place for spotting celebrities. I wish I could have gone to Peter Pan. I need to read the real version, too. I did not know the story about the lost boys. It makes sense from a London perspective. Have fun reading it with Maddie.

Vanalee said...

PS I love the orange on Maddie and her Japanese rabbit bag was the perfect accessory!

Kim said...

I love that your mom said "whilst" since I used to say that all the time.

Kerryn posted these pictures on facebook. I'm not one of her facebook "friends" but other South African friends commented on them so I could see the pics and I thought they have no idea Ally (in the pictures) is my best friend. Small world.

I'm glad you loved it. That will be such a fun book to read together.