Tuesday 21 July 2009

I Love Paris in the Springtime

After posting about our summer vacation and watching the Tour de France with Luke, I realized that I never posted pictures of our spring holiday in Paris. It's probably because as soon as we got back, we were supposed to pack up and move. We didn't move, but we got busy undoing the move, finishing the school year, and heading to the States. So, better late than never! Here are the pictures from Paris.

Le Tour Eiffel



Maddie on the Bateaux Mouches



View of the Arc de Triomphe from the Eiffel Tower



Luke and Maddie




Izzie's view from the Eiffel Tower



View of Les Invalides from the Eiffel Tower



Le Jardin du Luxembourg
(the perfect place for the perfect, Parisian afternoon avec les enfants)

I loved all these pictures and couldn't pick just one of Maddie and the boats.










Maddie going for a pony ride
(maybe next time Izzie - when you're a little bigger)



The Playground




The Louvre
(Too much fun for little ones - Maddie lost interest after she found the Mona Lisa.)



The Pyramid outside the Louvre




Izzie cooling off at the Louvre




Ally and the girls at the Tuileries




A double decker carousel at Sacre Coeur



Maddie and Izzie at Disneyland Paris on It's a Small World
(It's Izzie's favorite ride. She also loved Mickey Mouse in the parade.)




The Family with Goofy





I promise that I will have Luke resume the holiday posts so you get the full itinerary and commentary. I'm not as eloquent as Luke so all I can say is that I absolutely love Paris!

5 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

Ahhh, Pa-ree, wonderful, I agree. Love it, too. I've been there in the winter and the fall. Next time in the I'll try to make it the spring!

shannon said...

Great pics! Looks like you had hotter weather than we did!

Lindsey said...

I am now wanting to take a trip there after your cute pictures!

Megan said...

I love Paris too! Especially Paris in the springtime!

Bjorn said...

Beautiful pictures of Paris...my old stomping grounds...and Euro-Disney -- very cool.

We just came back from a trip to Disneyland. Had a nice little reunion with Dorothea there and her two kids. She lives very close to the Disneyland.

I'm ready to plan another trip to Europe. Hope to catch up with you soon. :)