Saturday 19 January 2008

Princess Tea Parties, Cowgirls and Isabelle's Sunday Dress

As of Thursday, it's just the four of us again. It was a huge help having Bammy with us for three weeks, but now she's back in Japan taking care of Papa Ricky (someone has to feed him, and the dinners Bammy cooked and froze before leaving Japan were beginning to run out).



Maddie's back in school and having play dates with her friends (she had two this week). One was at our house - a tea party. Maddie had very specific costume, food, drink and centerpiece requirements. As you can see, all requests were granted (it's not a great idea to tell Maddie no when she's planning a party, which is a genetic trait she got from her mom, who probably got it from her Nana).



Isabelle is still a "belle"of a baby. She did have one rough day this week - Ally took her for her 4-week appointment with the doctor, where she received a shot and a cauterized belly button. I can't remember the official name of the condition that necessitated the belly button cauterization, but it's kind of like a little belly button hernia. Anyway, her skin was all black, then red and raw post cauterization, and I'm actually surprised she wasn't more out of sorts - even on her worst day (at least so far) Isabelle is a "sweet" baby.


Here's a couple more pictures - Isabelle in her Sunday dress and Maddie the cowgirl.




8 comments:

lramey said...

i love the tea party!!! Beautiful flowers! Beautiful requirements!

Isabelle's so pretty, and so's her cutest dress!!!! Can't wait to meet her!

Lukey- you make a great horse! Love the harness!!!!

Bradshaw Clan said...

I guess playing horse runs in the family. I'm glad to see that Luke makes such a great horse and Maddie such a great cowgirl.

I don't think party planning can be blamed all on Ally. I believe she gets a little bit of it from Luke as well. And, if you're going to have a tea party, it makes sense to do it right.

Isabelle is sure a beauty. We can't wait to meet her. Hailey loves to get on the computer and look at her. She always wants her to come to her house. If she really knew what she was talking about, trust me she would want to go to Isabelle's house like her mom. We love you guys!!!

Breinholt Family said...

Look at that living in Wyoming did leave it's mark on Maddie! And Luke wow what a Dad!

Cokie said...

London celebrations give commin' round the mountain a whole new twist. Miss you. Don't forget to touch your toezies to your nosezies. Love, Grandma Cokie

Vanalee said...

I missed you all the minute I got in the taxi for Victoria Station!!! I can't wait to get back!!! Isabelle will be sitting up and crawling by the the time I come again. It makes me so sad to miss all the things in between. I am glad I get to see Maddie and Izzie here every week. Thanks for your blog

Ruth said...

lainey now wants to have a tea party just like maddie. so thank you maddie girl. luke you make a great horse. we could have used you at Christmas the "donkey" that we had would have loved a reprieve.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Maddie's centerpiece looks much prettier than anything I've ever put together.

Isabelle looks adorable in her dress.

Carter and Ethan liked the picture of Maddie and her horse. We miss you.

Kim said...

I LOVE Isabelle's dress! And, the "horse" and cowgirl pics are too funny. Luke, what a great Dad you are.

Ally, I miss you! I wish I lived across the pond too.