Sunday 10 October 2010

Fashion Queen


As most of you know, Maddie has always been a little obsessed with fashion. This week, she's been talking about buying a sewing machine and making clothes. I wish I would have learned to sew, or at least, brought my sewing machine with me. It's sitting in storage in the States. A lot of good it's doing there! I guess I'll have to find her a sewing class so someone who knows what they are doing can teach her to sew properly.

Until she can start sewing, Maddie has decided to sketch her designs. Today, she insisted that she go out on the front porch because she needed inspiration from the great outdoors. Here are her most recent sketches:



Next, she will start work on her shoe designs.

Maddie has big plans to design, make and model her own fashions.

(If any of you noticed, Maddie really is wearing her jacket. Yesterday, we were at the beach soaking up the rays. Today, we were at home chilled by the wind and rain. Hopefully, we'll have our sun and blue skies back tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Pretzel's World said...

Oh My!! Maddie you are so very talented! I will wear your first creation! Make two, Your Mom and I will wear them together! I cannot believe how much you two girls have changed just since we saw you in April at Krissy's wedding. You look like you are having a wonderful time in Australia. We sure do miss you back in Utah! We think of you often and hope it is not too long before we see you in person. Hug and kiss each other for us.
We love you,
Coley