Wednesday 15 April 2009

Petits Filous



When it comes to letting my kids be independent, I have issues - especially when they're learning to feed themselves. It usually means a lot of fun for them and a big mess for me. When Maddie was two, I was still feeding her yogurt. I couldn't handle the mess. My mom laughs at me now because I've been letting Izzie feed herself yogurt for months. I still don't like the mess, but I tell myself I'm being a better mom. However, after today's episode, I've decided that I'll feed her yogurt until she's five.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I think you're a terrific mom, whether or not you let your little ladies feed themselves yogurt. As for me, I'd rather feed than clean. :)

laurenthequeen said...

At least she was naked?

So I'll admit that I still feed Adam sometimes, mostly to get him to eat 3 or 4 more bites when he's gotten bored with sitting still at the table.

Bradshaw Clan said...

Way to go Ally!!! I'm with you though, picking up the mess is no fun. She looks like she had a lot of fun though.

Vanalee said...

Don't you know that yogurt is an excellent conditioner for those beautiful curls??? :)

Ruth said...

david is very anti-mess anywhere but the sandbox so as soon as he spills one little bite of food he wants us to feed him