Thursday 22 May 2008

My First Celebrity Sighting

Well, it's Ally. Surprise!

There are a dozen celebrities that live relatively close to us, but until today, I hadn't seen any of them in person. Today, I saw Paul McCartney in front of Panzer's! I know it's silly, but I was so excited that I had to call Luke. He asked if I got his autograph. I told him I didn't want to be rude - he was on his mobile! Then, I stopped by Starbucks to tell Lindsey who was meeting friends. She told me that the one time she saw him, she followed him home. He was headed the wrong direction to be going home. However, I wish I would have followed him just to see if he really was going to Richoux for a croissant! And after that, I had to call Shelley. It was big news for me! Sorry I don't have a picture. I'll have to start carrying a camera if I'm going to make a habit of running into celebrities!

Oh, and Isabelle missed it all. She was asleep in the pushchair. I'll have to wake her up next time!

Now, I was really hesitant to post my news. I love that our family blog is Luke's project. I have this fear that once I post something on the blog, it will become my project. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

We're headed to Prague tomorrow. I'm sure Luke (Can you see me smiling?) will post some pictures from our trip, next week. We love you!

7 comments:

lramey said...

oh wowsers! I'm so excited for you!!! I LOVE the thought of running into someone famous- and since it happens all the time in UTah- yeah, you're right, it doesn't!, so I have to dream! DREAM BIG!!!

Glad you posted for once!!!!

loves! Have so much fun on yet another adventure in Europe- oh the jealousy is oozing in....must go!

The Brimhall's said...

Yay! Luke and Allison I found you guys. Its Jenn and Burr Brimhall your friends from Gillette. We just started this blogging thing and I'm addicted to it! Celebrity sightings are fun! Donnie Osmond would come into Costco wearing bright purple sweaters when I worked there. You think he wanted to be seen!!!

The Brimhall's said...

Oh, and your girls are beautiful! Maddie is so big. Sounds like you guys are having fun, fun, fun in Europe. I'm putting you on my friends list.

Ruth said...

hope y'all had a fun weekend in prague. i though our little weekend trip to austin was cool but whatever you have to top that with a cool european weekend. hahaha love ya

Kim said...

Ally, you posted. Hooray! Keep us posted on the celebrity sightings.

Hope you fun in Prague. I loved the architecture there.

Emily said...

Ally,
So I have a question. What is a push chair? Is that the european term for stroller?
You know what would be fun? I think it would be fun to make a list of the words the British use for common place things like the toilet - loo or however they spell it. Since I have never been there and likely never will it would be fun to hear some of their lingo.
Emily (HHS friend)

Cydnee said...

LUCKY!!! (in a Napoleon Dynamite voice)

P.S. Your girls are adorable!